It is high time for the 5th Monterosa Ski Alp 2015! The mountaineering ski competition starts on Saturday, 28th February in Gressoney-La-Trinité. Stunning mountain scenery, fantastic sportsmen, and emotions included.
Technicians are preparing details of the forthcoming race, as well as the slopes. For the first time Monterosa Ski Alp will start and end in Gressoney. From Gressoney, the athletes will arrive at the Alpe Ricka at 2555 mt and then they will go down again to Stafal, before to reach the Colle Bettaforca. After that the competitors will go to the Alpe Forca, Mont Ross, Alpe Ciarcerio and then to the end line in Gressoney-La-Trinité across the same paths.
Some useful information:
- To pick up your race packet and the race number you have to go in the multipurpose room in Gressoney-La-Trinité, near the departure line and the chairlift Gressoney-Punta Jolanda.
- The track will be marked with green flags on the way up and red flags on the way down. The flags will have a reflecting strip, very visible with the lamps. Ou will find the flags on the right hand side of the slope. The changes in direction will be marked with 40 cm reflecting arrows. The zones to change your equipment will be artificially enlighted.
- Near the multipurpose room you will find a changing room and a shower room.
- The dinner will be served in the multipurpose room.
- At around 10 PM there will be the prize giving ceremony
- During the Monterosa Ski Alp 2015 the following lifts will be open for free:
- Cableway Stafal-Sant’Anna from 6.30 PM to 10.45 PM (the athletes will be there from 7 PM to 8 PM and then from 8.15 PM to 10.30 PM approximately)
- Funicular Frachey-Alpe Ciarcerio from 6.30 PM to 10 PM (the athletes will be there from 7.30 PM to 9 PM approximately).
More information you can found on Monterosa Ski, along with the map, or in Italian on the Monterosa Ski Alp webpage.
Watch the video from the last year Monterosa Rosa Ski Alp here.